Sunday, September 9, 2012

Preschool!!!

On September 4th, Charlotte Faith started preschool. We did a little meet and greet with the teacher before hand to let the kids see their new space that would consume their three hours every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. But, I think it was mostly for the parents so that we would have an easier time letting go when it came time.

Well...we woke up, had Mickey Mouse pancakes and eggs (her most favorite breakfast) and waited for Aunt Allie and Faith to arrive to take some pictures! The girls were full of giggles and so excited to start their day. As we approached the school my stomach was in knots. I knew that she would have fun, but now it was time for me to really let go. This little girl who's been with me for four 1/2 years (yes I count "in utero" :) was now leaving me. The baby that I didn't leave with anyone else until she was almost 1 year of age and who didn't start the church nursery until she was almost one, was now a Preschooler.

 Preschool is not for the kids...it's for the adults. For the adults who want to keep their babies with them forever. But as she went to class that day it made me cry. Not because she was leaving me, but because she saw two little girls in class who were crying and went up to them to tell them "Don't worry, Preschool is fun!" I was so proud of her and knew that we did the best we could to prepare her for this day. I finally know what all my Kindergarten moms were thinking that day that they entrusted their sweet babies to me.

Here are a few pics of our little Preschooler:








No comments:

Post a Comment