Monday, November 1, 2010

Ballet Class

So, we thought we would take our dance parties at home and put em' to good use. Charlotte has since moved her twirls from our living room carpet to Shooting Stars Dance Studio. We start dance class with a hula hoop in the middle of the room, and each child takes a turn with a little free dance and some jumping. She loves to sing along and cheer for all of her friends. When it came time for her turn I thought she would have been a little more shy,but she LOVED dancing and jumping for all of her friends in the middle of the circle.




















"Jump, jump Charlotte"

Here she is stretching with Ms. Karen. Look at those toes, what a natural!













This is Charlotte doing a Plie (Plee-ay) in class. She also loves to do them at home while she says "Pliee"



















A little teamwork with the girls in class to move the hoop back to the closet.













At the end of class, Ms. Karen dims the lights and puts on some slow music. With crown and wand the girls dance around the class as the disco ball lights up the room with little dancing lights. It was so hard to actually capture this, but it was so adorable. I have to admit I cried the first time I saw her do this. I don't know if it was the music or the way she was dancing, but she really seemed like such a big girl!




















This is her waiting her turn for Ms. Karen to lift her up in the air, which is by far all of girls' favorite part!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I'm going to look for dance classes for Ava... right now!

    ReplyDelete